The public is invited to attend a celebration at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 9 for the opening of traffic on the new four-lane Highway 14 route between Dodge Center and Owatonna. The event site is south of Claremont on Highway 14 near the interchange more details on the location are below.
The event will feature a ribbon cutting, photos, remarks from advocates (including Highway 14 Partnership President Kevin Raney) and government officials, and will culminate with the first traffic traveling on the eastbound lanes of the new Highway 14 alignment at the conclusion of the event.
Highway 14 Partnership members have advocated for years to see this day come to fruition. We encourage all who are available to attend!
Directions to the event:
Hwy 14 to Claremont
- From the west (Owatonna) turn right (south) at Dodge County Road 1 (West Street). Al-Corn Ethanol Plant will be on your right.
- Follow Dodge County Road 1 (West Street) south to West Front Street in Claremont. Turn left (east). Follow road through Claremont approximately 2 miles to where Dodge County Road 3 turns right (south).
- From the east (Dodge Center/Rochester) turn left (south) at Dodge County Road 1 (West Street). Al-Corn Ethanol Plant is at this corner.
- Follow Dodge County Road 1 (West Street) south to West Front Street in Claremont. Turn left (east). Follow road through Claremont approximately 2 miles where Dodge County Road 3 turns right (south).
- You’ll stop at railroads tracks and then proceed to the Hwy 14 interchange.
- Travel across the interchange and use the roundabout on the south side to return across the bridge where you will be directed down the Hwy 14 westbound off-ramp.
- Parking will be on the westbound lanes at the shoulders and on the off-ramp
- After the event, traffic will be directed westbound to the adjacent on-ramp, where traffic will go up the ramp. Westbound lanes will not be open at that time.
- Attendees who want to drive on the open eastbound lanes after the ceremony can travel across the bridge and utilize the roundabout to go onto the eastbound Hwy 14 on-ramp toward Dodge Center.
- Event site is on Hwy 14 westbound at the interchange. If weather is inclement, we will move it under the overpass bridge
- Providing 50 chairs for attendees
- Refreshments: cookies, coffee and hot chocolate
- Disk slices of concrete test cylinders from Hwy 14 will be distributed as souvenirs