With the tragic news this week of two fatal accidents on Highway 14, many of you have reached out to us to find out what you can do to help fix this treacherous highway. With the legislative session slated to begin Feb. 11, now is the ideal time to reach out to lawmakers and other key state leaders to let them know that projects like the Highway 14 expansion are too important to wait.
Despite progress on other sections of Highway 14, the 12-mile stretch between New Ulm and Nicollet (which is where both of the fatal crashes occurred) remains a two-lane undivided highway. It’s time to finish the job, but there is currently no clear path to completion. Please help by urging our state leaders to find a way to #Fix14Now!
Contact Governor Walz and other key policymakers TODAY!
- Share your personal stories of how Highway 14 has impacted you, your loved ones, your community and/or your business.
- Tell them that they need to work together to come up with a solution to fund the expansion of Highway 14 to four lanes between Nicollet and New Ulm.
- CLICK HERE to send one email to: MnDOT Commissioner Margaret Anderson Kelliher, Governor’s transportation policy advisor Suzanne Sobotka, Senate Transportation Committee Chair Scott Newman, House Transportation Committee Chair Frank Hornstein, Senate Capital Investment Committee Chair David Senjem, House Capital Investment Committee Chair Mary Murphy, Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka, Speaker of the House Melissa Hortman and local legislators Sen. Nick Frentz, Sen. Gary Dahms, Rep. Jeff Brand and Rep. Paul Torkelson.
- Contact Governor Tim Walz and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan using this email form or by calling their office at 651-201-3400.
- If you would prefer to send letters via mail or to reach out to each lawmaker/policymaker directly, here is the full list of their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
Questions? If you have any questions about this action alert, please contact Shane Zahrt at SAZahrt@flaherty-hood.com or 651-295-1123.