Since we sent out a press release and submitted a formal comment letter to MnDOT earlier this week, media outlets along U.S. Highway 14 have published articles and weighed in with editorial about MnDOT’s proposed Corridors of Commerce scoring system. From our perspective, the proposed scoring system unfairly favors the metro area and could make it more difficult for Greater Minnesota projects like Highway 14 to receive funding.
Here are some of the articles and editorials that have been published this week:
- Owatonna People’s Press – Highway 14 advocates against funding program changes, warns Greater Minnesota projects will be at risk
- Mankato Free Press – Our View: MnDOT rules: Proposed funding changes hurt Highway 14, outstate
- New Ulm Journal – Is MnDOT becoming the Highway 14 Grinch?
- New Ulm Journal – Highway 14 Partnership concerned MnDOT may prioritize metro
- Owatonna People’s Press: Guest Column by Sen. Jasinski: Greater Minnesota deserves its fair share of Corridors of Commerce funding
- Mankato Free Press – Torkelson: Corridors of Commerce rules could be changed
- Rochester Post-Bulletin – Will expansion of U.S. 14 be funded?