After we were all dismayed at the exclusion of Highway 14 from Corridors of Commerce funding, one piece of reassuring news was that Highway 14 from Owatonna to Dodge Center was the next highest scoring, true Greater Minnesota project on the list. Now, the Senate’s bonding bill provides a very real opportunity to get 14 funded this year.
The Senate bonding bill includes $174.6 Million to fully fund Highway 14 expansion from Owatonna to Dodge Center. We want to thank Sen. David Senjem and Sen. John Jasinski, who were instrumental in making sure this funding was included in the bill. But now we need your help and support to ensure Highway 14 is included in the final package.
The Senate bonding bill is heading to the floor for a vote today and will need the Governor’s signature for it to be enacted. We need you to contact Governor Dayton and legislative leaders today to implore them to fund 14 now.
Act Now: Ask the Legislature and the Governor to Fund Highway 14 TODAY
Make your voice heard! Tell Governor Dayton and the Legislature not to leave southern Minnesota behind. Tell them:
- Highway 14 expansion was the next highest scoring true Greater Minnesota project in the 2018 Corridors of Commerce scoring process and deserves to receive any new Corridors of Commerce or Trunk Highway funding.
- To support the Senate bonding bill’s full funding for Highway 14 expansion from Owatonna to Dodge Center.
Please call or email:
- Governor Mark Dayton: email contact form, 651-201-3400 or 800-657-3717
- House Speaker Kurt Daudt: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-296-5364 or
- Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka: email@example.com,
- House Bonding Chair Dean Urdahl: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-297-2904
- House Transportation Committee Chair Paul Torkelson: email@example.com, 651-296-9303 or 888-727-3891
- Senate Transportation Committee Chair Scott Newman: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-296-4131
- Your own senator and representative: Who Represents Me?
And be sure to thank the following for including Highway 14 in the Senate bonding bill:
- Senate Bonding Chair David Senjem: email@example.com, 651-296-1117
- John Jasinski: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-296-0284
Questions? If you have any questions about this action alert, contact Shane Zahrt at SAZahrt@flaherty-hood.com or 651-259-1906.